A goat used in a petting zoo died when a fire broke out in a horse barn Sunday at Dairy View Country Store, 5169 County Hwy I in the Town of Egg Harbor.
Egg Harbor Fire Chief Steve Schopf says it appears the fire started when one of the goats broke off a heat lamp, knocking it down into the straw.
Schopf says firefighters were able to get the rest of the animals -- other goats and some deer -- out of the barn safely.
Schopf says the barn itself sustained minimal damage.
Firefighters were paged at about 4:30 p.m. and Schopf says they were on the scene for about an hour.