By Tim Kowols
An early morning fire in Egg Harbor served as another reminder of the importance of having your chimney inspected. At approximately 1:40 a.m. Tuesday morning, Egg Harbor Fire Department responded to the report of a chimney fire. After navigating an icy driveway, crews were able to use a ladder truck to put out the fire from above before departing just before 3 a.m. No injuries or further damage were a result of the fire as it was contained within the chimney itself. The Egg Harbor Fire Department reminded its Facebook followers in a post to have “their chimney cleaned and inspected throughout the year” as a result of the fire.
Photo courtesy of Egg Harbor Fire Department Facebook page