By Paul Schmitt
The B.U.G. Fire Department is warning people to take extreme caution when burning outdoors. A proper burning permit may be required and weather conditions can change fast to adversely affect a fire. B.U.G. Fire Chief Curt Vandertie says a recent fire in the town of Union got out of hand and the owner did not have a burning permit.
A fire on Wednesday morning destroyed a barn that was being dismantled on County Road “Y” near Duval Road in the town of Union. Vandertie says the owner of the property was burning clean lumber in a pit and wind gusts caused the fire to spread to the old barn.