By Tim Kowols
The newest exhibit at the Miller Art Museum challenged artists to turn the ordinary into something extraordinary. “The Garden: An Artist’s Interpretation” will include 40 artists in an exhibition that forced them to think outside the box in the middle of winter with a changing season approaching. Issuing a challenge to artists to create something beautiful has been a tactic guest curator Michael Nitsch has used before in his 36-year career, often with great results.
The exhibit runs at Miller Art Museum until April 17.
1. Bridget Austin, “Garden Dreams” watercolor
2. Liz Maltman, “Over the Fence” pastel
3. Rebecca Venn, “Secret Garden, Under the Lilacs” ink
4. Lynne Laluzerne, “Wall Platter” ceramics
5. Joseph Kaftan, “Beets” glass mosaic